Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Well, the summer is finally here, it has been a rough couple of semesters leaving precious little time to get to a paint brush, but I have hit it with a furry in the last two weeks. I did a poor job of taking photos but there is still some good info in here.
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
So I finally got to knocking out some thrall, in the end I did 50, and have 10 more on the way. 40 with LasLocks and 20 with Mitras. I used the same techniques on both types. When I started these i wanted them done well but quick, I hate painting infantry in repetition, so I went with a scheme where techniques could really speed things up, in the end I came up with a way to knock 10 of these guys out in 8 hours. That does not include ink drying times.
Saturday, August 27, 2016
Thursday, July 21, 2016
I have several of the FW tiles, but I honestly wanted something that was more modular. I saw the secret weapons tiles when they started their kickstarter and almost jumped in then, but I held back and waited for reviews. Reviews were pretty darn good and when I went to Adepticon this year and got to see the tiles in person. I was honestly blown away with the quality at the price point. So I started planning my table.
The 24 tiles cost me a little over 230 US with my 10% SW discount. In total I used about 100 dollars with of paint, masking material, glue, sand and acrylic finish. Total project was 20 hours of work. An air brush is essential. You could do this with spray cans, but double your time layout.