Monday, March 23, 2015

Sons of Horus, Paint recipe

It's a pretty easy process that I think produces the look most similar to the HH Books.




Steps and paint used-
1- Prime Black, I use GW Black Primer, but any will do.
2- Heavy dry brush of GW Leadbelcher
3- Light dry brush of GW Rune Fang Steel, just try and hit all the edges.
4- 2 coats of Coelis GW Ink
5- one more VERY light Rune fans Steel dry brush, not all over but in places where you would expect heavy wear
6- Pick out all of you details however you want.
for Gold bits I use, GW Brass Scorpion, wash with agrax and then highlight with RuneLord Brass and then RuneFang Steel


The Dread has a conversion beamer arm, from the decimator Chaos FW section.  I cut it down an inch to make it fit the sizing of the Contemptor better.  I wanted a weapon that showed the Dark Mechanicum tech the Son's of Horus would have access too after the heresy began.

4 comments:

  1. Great scheme, I have been looking for the right SoH green for a while! Started a test model to see how your colour looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm trying to follow your guide. Can you say how much of the coelis shade you apply for each wash? Ie a thin application or a lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw this. two heavy coats with a wash brush. You go through a lot of ink, but it is worth it.

      Delete