Saturday, March 21, 2015

Red Butchers up next. ***Corking mini's and how I base.*** Instructions below.

These models are freaking fabulous.  FW's level of detail now is just incredible.  Easy clean up and build.


Really quick, I do most of my models on champagne corks.  It works really well, it allows you to build your bases separately.  That in the long run means the process is MUCH easier.  Also, painting the mini like this gives you a good handhold for steadier painting.  Once done, joint the model and the base, weather a bit to tie them together and then you done.
Clean the pieces and then start assembly
Drill them out with a standard pin drill, this goes quick with resin, watch your angles, it's easy to blow out the other side if you're not careful.
Don't bother EVER buying pin material.  I use paper clips, they have never failed me.  Superglue and push in holes, then press into the cork,
Leave a small space between the cork and mini, add a little dab more super glue and then press it together.  Let it dry and the move on to priming.

 I got asked a lot about my Praetor's base in an earlier post, here is the start of the process.

I mix cheap acrylic paint from a craft store, vallejo pumice medium (you can also find this in most hobby stores, it's used by painters to add texture to surfaces for painting) then a good scoop of crap, gravel, beach sand, you name it.

Stir and thats it.
The finished product spread easy and cleans up easy, it dries super solid to the base, far superior to the elmers and sand method.  As for the odds and ends, post on that later in the week.  I will post the painting process later, it is SUPER EASY.

No comments:

Post a Comment