Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Legio Cybernetica Marches to War.

Finally finished my 18 Thallax, these are the heart of my Mechanicum force I have been working on for sometime now. 



These guys were an easy paint, base black and then heavily dry brush with Leadbelcher.  From there it's dark reds working up to orange red highlights.  The yellow is the same just with shades of Yellow.    The entire model with the exception of the yellow shoulder pad was done in Nuln Oil, the yellow pad was washed in Agrax.  One of the things that really makes the Thallax look so sinister is the black face plates, just a blank black, the heighten this effect i hit them with a ArdCoat gloss, sets it off well.

I have not been posting a ton lately, working on the house and summer vacations ate through much of my modeling time.  But with winter coming I should have more time on the weekends.  I want to try and post monthly, thats the goal.  On the horizon, more Mech Vorax and the heavies shown above.  Then I think it will be back to Marines both Night Lords and Word Bearers, stay posted more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Looking awesome, Chris! Of course I can't wait to get cracking at my as yet un-assembled Imperial Fists...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for my FW shipment to begin my own Taghmatha army! These look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete