Sunday, June 14, 2015

Samus, Scion of the Ruinstorm

Decided to work on something completely different as I was getting burnt out on Knights, hit pause on Knight three and jumped into my Father's Day/Birthday Present from my awesome wife.







































The model is an incredible sculpt, the only flaw was a broken front tooth, I WAS ticked at first but it happens with resin models and unfortunately the tooth was not in the box.  I decided to sculpt one out of a waste piece of resin from the model.  Took a couple tries but it came out good.  Hollowed out the socket a little with a pin drill and glued it in place.  Daemon Dentist Up.






































Other than that it was a quick assembly and prime, made a special base as the for handling as the model is HUGE.








































Next was pre shading, i did mine like always with Vallejo gray spray primer.  I don't like this as a PRIMER layer, but it works great for shading.






































Base coats of red were done with Gore and Blood Red Vallejo Game Air.  Wanted to work to an orange red, think I pulled it off.  Arms almost done.  I decided to go with an imperial fist as the victim, Arms are magnetized so they can be switched out.






































Absolutely love the Blood for the Blood got tech paint.  I am not a bloody model guy, but this one screamed for it.  More to come soon as I get further into the painting over the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment