Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Cyber Occularis in 3 hours.






































Currently there is no Cyber Occularis model currently being made by FW.  This little 15 point Magos add-on is a very powerful addition.  It is basically a spotter that can radio back LOS data and more importantly confer the Magos' buffs to units he is not in range of.  You need atlas one as minimum.  I was going to play a small Con and had limited time to know one out.  I didn't just want to put a marker on the table.





For planning this bad boy out I looked hard at the fluff.  Basically these things "Jump", they count a Jump Infantry for movement, around the battle field.  So I knew I wanted something with Jets.  I also wanted tentacles for grabbing and hanging out in places.  A quick google search showed most people are using cyber skulls.  For me they are just too small.

What I ended up going with was a head from the Ruststalkers 40k kit as the body.  Then I attached a servo skull from that kit coming out of the top and two guns from the rustler kit to represent the Cyber Occs laser.  For Jets I used the vector jets from the Thallax kits and arms from the Scyllax kits.  I also added in two rolled green stuff arms and bits from other kits to represent Mechanicum hands plugs.

I have included Unpainted construction images to assist you in seeing how I did this.  I will be building a couple more in various posses.  This one is clamped to a piece of angle iron protruding from the battlefield.












































Let me know if you have any questions.  This is a fun simple build that paints super quick and adds a ton of character to your army as it is a unique piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment