Monday, January 11, 2016

Cerastus Knight Atrapos

Thanks to my lovely Wife Santa brought me this beauty, A fun model to build and paint.  Check out the article for my how too.









































The Base is cork, sand, rocks and some pegasus sand bags and some parts from their "chemical plant" sprues.  I wanted a busted bike leaking toxic crap look.  The liquid was done by mixing Woodland Scenics Realistic Water with some Vallejo neon green paint.

























































The model want painted using an airbrush, paint brushes and inks/washes.  One new technique I tried was using silly putty as a masking material, it works really well, easy to mold, very low tac and reusable.  With the thigh and knee plates molded to the legs this proved a really good way to attack them quickly.







































Plated and metal work was done in Retributor gold, washed in agrax and then highlighted with Vallejo Air Aluminum.  I find this is one of the best highlighting paints ever, work no mixing out of the bottle,  Great flow.


























The Weapons called for lighting effects which are a snap with the airbrush.  Literally minutes to do it, but then adding a little white highlights with the brush adds to the effect.

I finished the Knight off with some decals, not to much, I find over dealing draws away from the over all impact of the scheme.  This guy got a Mortis decal, symbolizing a time when he served alongside that storied Titan Legion.











4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I will follow thoroughly your blog. Me too, I need some ideas for my Word Bearers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! So glad you asked for input on the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you do the red? looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete