Saturday, December 19, 2015

New Vallejo Metal Colors





























I have been on a quest for years to find metal paints that shoot really well in the airbrush.  Silvers from all brands usually do, but the problems of clogging have always been part of running the coppers and golds.  Well, along comes these beauties.  They are designed to compete against enamel colors for military modelers but they are perfect for our purposes.



So the test:




























I shot these with my eclipse, it is a harsher judge than my Badger Krome, well at 30 PSI, everything shot well, no clogs.  They run about 8.99 USD for 1.2 oz.  That puts them roughly in the FW air brush range and they shoot as well if not a little better than the FW line.  The other thing they do is fill in some shade differences not available with FW right now.  I would recommend them, I know WarStore is carrying them for all my USA readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment